Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Joy :)

I have started doing a Bible study in the book of James and the word 'Joy' really struck me, it is a word we use so often :) What does Joy really mean?
JOY (noun)
  The noun JOY has 2 senses:
1. the emotion of great happiness
2. something or someone that provides pleasure; a source of happiness
  Familiarity information: JOY used as a noun is rare.


JOY (verb)
  The verb JOY has 2 senses:
1. feel happiness or joy
2. make glad or happy
  Familiarity information: JOY used as a verb is rare.

I know the times I feel Joy are normally at times that cause me happiness!
What brings me Joy
Watching my boys play
Drinking coffee
time with freinds I love dearly
walks
sunshine
laughing with my husband
seeing E conquer  something he has struggled with for a while
a funny comment from M
good news from family and freinds
seeing my family
a package from my family
a good meal

These are all things I can think of for now, but as I am doing this study I am realizing Joy is something that comes from a true and living relationship with Jesus. We have Joy because of what He did for us on the Cross, we have Joy because our sins are forgiven and we are free from Sin, we have Joy because one day we will join Him in Heaven.
Nothing in our lives can take away that true joy we have through our personal relationship with him, not even  trials or circumstances which each of us go through, no matter who we are :)
In my trials, am I going to choose to lean on than inner joy that comes from God and ask Him to help me trust Him  and walk with me through  my trial and circumstance. Knowing He is with me each step of the way and nothing, absolutely nothing can take that inner Joy away from knowing Him.

1 comment:

KI said...

Love it! Choosing JOY with you. I love the acronym for joy: Jesus Others You!