Saturday, November 17, 2007

Feeling Thankful

Well I think it has been almost a month since I set this up and wrote anything!! I am not doing too good am I ?
Well with Thanksgiving coming up, I have been thinking about what I am thankful for! I wrote something the other day for a competition that was on the radio . You were to write or call in with what you were thanful for, so this is what I shared with them! I didn't get a call or win anything but it was good for me to sit down and write this, so I am going to share it here too!

Being Thankful!
I think what I am most thankful for is God's faithfulness! This past year has been a like a rollercoaster ride for our family! We have 2 beautiful little boys, Ethan aged 4 1/2 and Micah 22 months! Over the last couple of years we have had some concerns over our oldest sons development. We had our suspicions and fears but never had an official diagnosis. In Sept. this year we took Ethan for a full development evaluation and our fears were confirmed! Our little boy was diagnosed with autism. For us as parents we had felt for over a year that we had been walking around in darkness, just finally to know what was going on with our little boy was a relief! The day we were told this news, I did feel very sad but I also had an amazing sense of God's peace and also confidence that He was going to be with us each step of this journey!
I am not saying it is easy, my husband and I both have days of feeling sad, disappointment with the situation, and an overwhelming sense of the responsibilty of raising this precious little boy!! But in the midst of all this we have been very aware of God's provision for our family. We took a step of faith at the beginning of the year, my husband resigned from his job as a youth pastor, and we moved our family so that we could be closer to my husbands mom! We also wanted to be in an area where we could get more help for our son. We had no job and no home, but each step of the way God has provided exactly what we need! We don't know what God has long term for our family, but we are willing to follow Him each step of the way, as we know we cannot do it without Him! We also know God's timing is perfect in everything that has happened in the last year.

1 comment:

ethna said...

looking forward to trying chai nog Jayney style